Course Director: Dr. Simon Lin
Course Co-Director: Dr. Devereaux Peterson
Pre Doctoral Program Manager: Elide Quintero (Ellie)
Office Location: B242, Health Sciences Center
Office Hours: 7:30AM-4:30pm
Phone: (206) 543 4885
Class Meeting Times and Location: See class schedule for times and room locations
This course is intended to prepare the student doctor with an understanding of the basic concepts necessary for the successful diagnosis and treatment of the child in the primary, mixed, and early permanent dentitions. Lecture, laboratory, and seminar experiences are combined to provide the necessary preparation for care of the pediatric dental patient.
- Attend all lectures, laboratories, and seminars. Please consult with the Course Directors regarding any missed sessions so that appropriate make-up activities can be arranged and completed.
- Successfully complete all laboratory projects, the final examination, and class quizzes.
|Laboratory projects ||25%
|Final examination ||50%
- Atlas of Pediatric Dentistry. Peterson, D.S. and Davis, J.M. Seattle, 2004, University of Washington. http://www.atlasofpediatricdentistry.org (password protected: login and password information will be provided during class sessions)
- Alternate course textbook (this text book is optional and can be used in place of the online pediatric text listed above for students who prefer a traditional text): Dentistry for the Child and Adolescent. McDonald, R.E. and Avery, D.R. Edition 8, St. Louis, 2004, Mosby.
- Laboratory study material, including laboratory handouts distributed in class, laboratory material posted on this website, or the laboratory material contained in the Atlas of Pediatric Dentistry.